Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sinfully yummy

Candy Bars. Don't you just love candy bars? I know this is so off-topic, but I'm feeling a little more meandering than normal.

I just spent yesterday at my son's Eagle Scout Service Project. All day. I'm sore. I'm tired. I'm sunburned. I don't feel like eating healthy today.

So I'm making an old favorite that I can't even remember when I made it last...Candy Apple Delight.

Now, this recipe actually calls for 2 candy bars. I'm telling you right now...it needs FOUR candy bars. Seriously.

Sometimes, you need to have some of that oh-so-delicious-not-necessarily-healthy-for-you stuff.

Candy Apple Delight
3 large Granny Smith Apples
2 Snickers Bars - (Remember, Mary says you need FOUR)
1/2 C peanuts
1 can (8oz) drained pineapple tidbits
1 container (8oz) Cool Whip

Peel, core and slice apples. Cut into quarters. Place in bowl. Coarsely chop candy bars into small pieces. Chop peanuts. Add candy bars, peanuts and pineapple into bowl. Fold in Cool Whip. Serve.

Or eat by yourself. :-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment