Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Italian Pork Tenderloin

Okay, doesn't that sound fabulous? I wanted to make the meat rub post it's own animal, but I have to share something I make on occasion that is just so quick and easy, and tasty, that it's almost not fair.

Get a pork tenderloin, and if need be, thaw it. Cut it into slices about 1/4" thick. (I'm totally guessing here; I eyeball my cuts each and every time. Not too thick but not too thin. Guidelines, remember?"

For freezer cooking, place all in a ziploc gallon size freezer bag and then pour an entire small bottle of Wishbone Robusto Italian Dressing (or your favorite Italian salad dressing) into the bag. Seal and freeze. Take out the night before and thaw in the 'fridge. Discard marinade. Grill, fry, or bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Yumatrocious.

OR

If you plan to make this right away, you can place it in a bag if that's more convenient, but you could place the meat and marinade in a container large enough to make sure the meat has a chance to marinate well. I'd leave it in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. An hour is better.

Seriously. 2 ingredients: meat and Italian dressing. How much easier can it get? And not terribly expensive The small bottles of dressing are usually less than $2.

Quick. Easy. Inexpensive. Tasty.

All magic words at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment