Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicken Club Brunch Ring

So I've had a crummy past 24 hours or so. I won't go into details, but those who follow me on Facebook or Twitter know of my bitter disappointment and frustration.

My trainer will so kill me when she reads this...well, or maybe she'll take pity on me since I suppose by a stretch of the imagination this recipe will be "in moderation" compared to the rest of my life.

But, I deliberately looked for something full of great taste...that's right it has cheese, real mayo and is tucked inside crescent rolls.

So it's your diet-free day today. Enjoy with no guilt. I'm hoping I have enough crescent rolls to make this recipe or I'll probably be hitting the grocery store.

Chicken Club Brunch Ring

1 C mayo
2 T dijon mustard
1 T onion - not in my version
1 can (10oz) chunk chicken, drained - I just cook up a large boneless skinless chicken breast
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 C (4oz) shredded Swiss cheese - or do like I do and use whatever you have
2 pkgs (8oz each) crescent roll dough
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
2 C shredded lettuce

Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl, combine mayo and mustard. (I also throw in some fresh garlic). Chop the onion if you have to have it and add to mayo mix.

In another bowl, add chopped chicken, bacon, 3/4 C of the cheese and 1/3 C of the mayo mix. Mix well.

Unroll crescent roll triangles. Arrange on a flat round pizza pan or stone in a circle, with bases of triangles toward the middle and points hanging over the edge of the pan. (You should have a 4-5 inch circle in the center.)

Scoop filling evenly onto the base of the triangles, spreading evenly all the way around. Bring points of triangles up over the filling and tuck in under the bases of the triangles. Don't worry, the filling won't be completely covered. It's an aesthetic thing.

Slice the tomatoes thinly and cut in half. Place one tomato half between openings in the ring.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Basically, you want the dough to be done enough to eat. Remove from heat and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Take remaining mayo mix and place in a small serving bowl. You can use this as a spread or a dip. Slice into wedges and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment