Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm still here!

I know I have dropped off the face of the earth here and haven't posted in a couple weeks.  It's just been a bit crazy with all my homework and then we had my son's Eagle Scout ceremony to prep for and put on. 

Then I sponsored a networking lunch this past Monday, had class, prepped for two cooking shows and I have a radio interview tomorrow!

But I wanted to get back to Lent since we are on the second to last Friday before Easter!

Here's my deal for today:  Baja Shrimp Tostadas

Now I know some of you may not be shrimp fans, but I highly encourage you to give this a try!

Baja Shrimp Tostadas

12 tostada shells - or use corn tortillas if needed
2 T snipped fresh cilantro
1 med. avocado, diced up
1/2 C salsa verde - green salsa - it's usually pretty mild
1 garlic clove pressed
1 lb (about 30) cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
1/2 t chili powder
2 Roma tomatoes
1 C Co-Jack cheese, grated
3 C angel hair cole slaw mix
1/3 C sliced olives
More salsa verde (optional)

Preheat oven to 375.  Arrange 6 tostada shells overlapping on a large bar pan or cookie sheet. Bake 4-5 minutes or till crisp. Remove from pan to cooking rack.  Cook remaining shells.

Snip cilantro. Combine cilantro, avocado, salsa verde and garlic in bowl.  Mash until smooth.

Mix shrimp and chili powder.  Heat 2-3 minutes.

Seed tomatoes and dice.

On each tostada, layer avocado mixture, cole slaw mix, tomatoes and three shrimp. Top with alives and cheese.

Note: You could easily swap the shrimp out for chicken or other protein.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment