Sunday, July 12, 2009

Easy Beef French Dip

Just got home from working out. Nearly an hour on the elliptical can make you a little hungry, especially around lunch time.

I know I've been sharing a lot of chicken recipes, but this is a great crock-pot recipe that you can "Dump and Pour" - those magic words! - and let it do its thing.

Here's what you need:
2-3 lb beef roast - I use whatever happens to be in the freezer, rump or chuck roast
1 can of beef broth - 10 oz regular size, not the giant sized - or make your own broth with bullion
1 bottle or can of beer - whatever is handy
1 C water
Famous Dave's Steak and Burger Seasoning

Put the thawed roast in the crock pot. Add the broth, beer and water. Sprinkle with Famous Dave's seasoning. Don't ask me how much. It's one of those "until it looks good" type recipes. If I had to guess, I'd guess 2 T.

Cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Take the meat out and slice diagonally. Sauce in crockpot has been reduced and has yummy flavor.

Serve on rolls or buns with butter. Yum.a.tro.cious!

No comments:

Post a Comment